Saturday, August 29, 2009

Evolutionary Fitness - Art Devaney - Weeks 1 & 2

I like this guy.  He walks the talk.  And everything I've "felt" I should do, he does!  So we've been giving this new/old style of "diet and exercise" a whirl.  I'm liking it!  Truth be told, he's a better writer than speaker.  His DVDs were a little hard to sit thru, but listened to them nonetheless.  Awaiting my re-send as the last tracks of the first two DVDs were muddled - no matter what player at the house I put them in.  WW has responded positively.

I started this venture on Monday 8/17/09 at 151 lbs @ 5'4"!!  I CAN'T STAND IT!  My back hurts when I weigh this much!  Truth be told, I binged over the weekend having just dabbled in CR for the past 3 weeks - boy was that NUTS!

I've been keeping a log of time and what I eat - not how much or calories, just as a way to track some stuff to see what effects my body/mind has.  After day three the no-carb headaches hit.  Brain fog started happening.  I stayed the course.  I upped my walking and dug out the power walk CDs.  Even pretended to be a forager one day and took my shopping bags and walked to Publix to forage for food LOL!!!

Been doing intermittent weight training - 1 to 2x per week as indicated, "playing" with dogs in the pool with my kickboard with "sprint kicks".  Contrary to Art's despising the balance ball, I love it and utilize it a couple days a week.

Towards the end of week 1 I did "imbibe" in some adult beverages, but didn't gain weight!  That's a first for me!  Alcohol is generally NOT my weight buddy.

By Monday start of week two I was down to 147!  That's -4 lbs!  The headaches are gone, still some brain fog, and noticed nightly leg cramping Wed of week two.  Went to the blog to research, seems I need some magnesium.  Got a bottle and after 2 days of taking 3 a day with meals the nightly leg cramps ceased.  THANKS, ART!  In the past I would have boned up on bananas instead - and for some reason they make my fingers swell??  Must have an intollerance to them - but I like them.  Weird.

By Wed. I was down another LB to 146!  WOW!  But I think I over ate - my terriaki grilled chicken breasts were YUMMY and had two - also had some hot chocolate (craving) so perhaps that's why I was up by .8 lbs the next morning?  Thursday I knew we were going to be out late with a wake to be at, so "fasted" my morning until 11am and had "brunch" and then a few almonds before heading to wake at 4pm - didn't get dinner until 7pm - ate EF, however had 3 glasses of white wine - baaaaaaaad girl!  Friday morn I was up 147.6!  So I went back to bfast by 8am on Friday, ate EF the rest of the day - even at Chili's for dinner - had dry rubbed ribs and seasonal veggies - YUM!  and back down .5 lbs this morning.

I'm liking eating EF.  I'm "assuming" that my 2 fruits in the a.m. with my protein is staving off the latter carb/sweet cravings I generally get.  This a.m. I awoke to 147.2 - so down another .5 lbs.  I did have a "smooth move" tea last eve just to cleanse my colon LOL!!

Wasn't sure about vitamin supplements with EF so just started back daily taking what I normally take and taking my daily probiotics.  Perhaps one day I can whean off of them!

Off to start my day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment